Avon’s Got Talent is the Great Avon Adventure’s very own talent contest. With auditions taking place as part of the World Zone throughout the weekend, and the best entries from each subcamp performing in a live stage final on Sunday night, this promises to be a highlight of the Jamboree
Download a poster and full guidelines here
- Auditions will take part in the World zone as part of your Jamboree Programme. You do not need to pre-register, but auditions within your group are advised before the Jamboree!
- A maximum of 1 act per Group/Unit is allowed to audition.
- An Act can be 1 person up to a whole section in size.
- Auditions must be no longer than 3 minutes.
- Acts MUST be able to perform during the Sunday night show, if they are asked to, therefore Day Visitors may not audition.
- Acts must be happy with footage and/or photos of them being used in future county publicity.
- An audition must be appropriate for an audience of young people.
- Any backing music must be provided on a CD or memory stick.
- Equipment we can provide: Mics, sound system and drum kit.
- The act must be able to be performed on a stage of size 7m x 4 m.
- 4 prizes will be on offer in the categories:
- Scouting under 10 years old
- Scouting 10 – 14 years old
- Girlguiding under 14 years old
- Explorer, Network & Rangers
- Chosen to perform on stage in the final on Sunday evening will be 2 acts from each subcamp (Axe & Gordano, Bristol South, Brunel, Cabot, Kingswood, Bath, Wansdyke, Cotswold Edge), 2 acts from within Girlguiding (under 14 years old) and 2 acts from Explorer/Network/Rangers.
- The winners will be announced at the Closing Ceremony on Monday morning.